Popular Post Topics

Best Diet Ever   Weight loss   Diet   Exercise   Fast Food 4-1-1   Nutrition   Strength Training   Running

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

100th Post Recap

  StumbleUpon


photo by creativity+

If you enjoy The Fit Club, click these links to receive regular updates via RSS or via email.

Well, I was about to post today and I noticed that the next post, i.e. this one, was going to be my 100th post so I decided to do a recap of what I consider the best posts from the first 100.

Here goes:

The skinny on getting thin - I still think that most people forget that losing weight is a matter of calories in vs. calories out. There are still too many people who avoid certain foods because they are considered "fattening". This post details a good formula for determining how much a person should be able to eat and lose weight. It isn't perfect...everyone is an individual and you may need to adjust the number up or down to lose weight, and as you gain, or lose weight. I still think that having a set calorie per day goal is useful.

Want to lose weight? Get off of the scale! Part I - It really irks me that weight is the end-all be-all measure that people use to measure whether they are moving in the right direction. This post goes into detail why body fat percentage is a much better measure of "weight loss" than weight, itself. For long-term success, what you lose is more important than how much you lose, and weight alone, doesn't tell you anything about what you are losing.

The Slow, Steady March of Progress - Maybe it's just me and my wacked-out personality, but if I'm going to make something a goal, whether it's losing 10 pounds or running 100 miles, I feel that logging my progress and using it to plan for success is a small price to pay to getting there. This post discusses using a log to help you get there.

It's all about the shoes! - I'm definitely sold on the idea that different styles of running shoes can make or break running as a form of exercise for most people. I know for a fact that certain types of running shoes keep me from getting injured and other types result in an injury...every time. Read more about the different shoes for different gait types in this post.

Periodization: The Secret to Becoming More "Toned" - Everyone wants to be leaner and maybe put on a few pounds of muscle. Even if you don't realize that's what you want to do, if becoming more "toned" is your goal...then that's exactly what you want to do. The problem is that losing fat and gaining muscle is very difficult, except for beginners. This post details a strategy to do both.

Best Diet Ever Series - A series of short posts with small suggestions that folks can use to make positive changes to the way they eat. The focus is on losing weight, but also eating in a more healthy manner.

Some of these are golden oldies and were posted many moons ago. If you have been reading my posts, but have missed any of these, you have missed some of the best information that I've posted. Enjoy!

0 comments: